Welcome!

Welcome to my class!  We are going to have a fantastic year as we explore the world.  We'll begin our year by examining the culture region we are most familiar with:  The United States and Canada.  We'll brush up on some basic map skills, explore the 5 fields of Social Studies and focus on the concept of how we are affected by the world around us.  During the second six weeks we will take a look at Latin America with a focus on how places change over time as people move and shape their surroundings.  We will conclude our first semester with a look at Europe from the Ancient Greeks to WWII and we will evaluate how conflict impacts the world.

I encourage you and your parents to take minute to comment on this post.  Please tell me a little about yourself such as where you have traveled, what your hobbies and interests are or what you are looking forward to about 6th grade. Please include your first name only.  Enjoy the last few days of summer and I will see you at Meet the Teacher night on August 22 at 7 pm.  To access my CISD website go to: 
Sparks Webpage

Comments

  1. Hi I'm Ben Johnson, I liked hearing about your travels. I think that all of those artifacts from other places around the world are so cool! You asked about me. My favorite sport is basketball. My favorite NBA team is the Dallas Mavericks. I was born in Virginia. I have a big family of 2 brothers and 3 sisters. In band I play the trumpet, my favorite instrument. I am in Boy Scouts for my church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my class Ben. It was great to meet you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Kat Z. My favorite place to travel to is the 1000 Islands in the St. Lawrence River with my family. I spend much of my time training as a competitive swimmer after school. I look forward to being in your class this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Haley. We went to Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Steamboat Springs this summer. We hiked to Rainbow Bridge and Horseshoe and other places. We didn't go to Port Aransas or float the Guadalupe because I broke my thumb playing volleyball. I will start playing the flute in 6th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Haley! Sounds like you had an awesome summer. I am looking forward to having you in class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day Without Shoes - April 5 and 6

Google Earth!

Welcome to my class!!!