Barefoot Learning at Eubanks

April 10 is Barefoot Day!  In class, we will explore modern day Africa with a focus on what it is like to grow up in a small Tanzanian village at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Students are encouraged to take their shoes off during class to help raise awareness of the difficulties that many children around the world face daily. 

Since I teach two teams of students, one team on Tuesday and one on Wednesday, I will be taking my shoes off when I get home on Monday and not putting them back on until Thursday morning. I will be running 3-5 miles barefoot each day, doing crosswalk duty at school, and going about my usual activities after school. I can't wait!!!


Please check out the website:  Barefoot Learning at Eubanks!  And plan to join us by going barefoot for all or part of the day.

Comments

  1. Why shoes?
    Health-
    Millions of children are at risk of injury, disease and soi-transmitted infection.
    Education-
    In some areas, shoes are required for children to attend school.
    Opportunity-
    Children who are healthy are more likely to be successful students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think barefoot day is a great oppurtunity to help kids and adults. Also, it lets fortunate kids that always have shoes on their feet know what it feels like for the other kids that don't have those small little things that we take for granted. I think that the Toms Association can really help people have a better life. The kids in Africa and South America and other places in poverty should know what it feels like to have shoes and clothes so that is why i support the Barefoot Day.

    -Brooke Moses

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a day to be humble and think of others who never have shoes. To just walk in there shoes for one day and see what they go through everyday. I think it is a good reminder of hoe lucky we are and not think about if we have the best shoes or the best brand and be thankful that we have a pear of shoes at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day Without Shoes - April 5 and 6

Google Earth!

Welcome to my class!!!